Monday, February 1, 2016

Chai Spice Roasted Butternut Squash Soup


I am not fully Vegan, but I feel better when I eat Vegan food on a regular basis. So, we try to incorporate Vegan meals into our Menu each week (Okay, who am I kidding, I don't do menus. I like to eat major variety and I listen to my body and what I feel like eating at the moment. Then I make that food). This meal is Vegan.

Recipe:
Scoop out the squash & puree in a blender.
Set aside.

To a pot add:
1 Tbsp. Olive or Coconut Oil
1/2 C. Onion, Chopped
Cook until onions are translucent
Add: 
Squash Puree
3 Roasted Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. Chai Spice 
2 Tbsp. Vegan Cheese
2 C. Water
1 C. Coconut Milk (I used the kind the can)
Whisk & heat.
Top with Chopped basil and Vegan Parmesan Cheese.

Serve with Homemade Sourdough Whole Wheat Toast topped with Garlic "butter" (a few roasted Garlic bulbs smashed onto the toast).

Recipe by:
Me

Enjoy!

Becky



No comments:

Post a Comment