Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Vegan Cheese With Homemade Flax Crackers


I have been wanting to make this for a while now, I finally got my Agar Powder in the mail yesterday, so I could make it. Yippee!

I got the recipe off Youtube from CookingwithPlants. Find the recipe here.
I also added: 1 tsp. Garlic Powder and 3 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast. Italian Seasoning would also be a great option to add. I put mine in a Tupperware container and cooled in the fridge. When it is totally solid, it pops right out. It is the consistency of cream Cheese. 

The Cracker recipe I found Here. The light colored ones didn't really turn out. :(
To the Chia Crackers I added: 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder, 1 tsp. Onion flakes, and 1 Tbsp. Liquid Aminos. I baked them for 30 minutes at 300, Cut them gently into squares, Cooked them for another 20 minutes, flipped them over, and baked them for another 12 minutes and let them cool. These are very tasty! Don't store in an airtight container, otherwise they will become soft again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment