Friday, February 12, 2016

Breaking the Fast with a Juice



I am a Mormon (Latter-Day Saint, LDS, I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) and we believe in fasting for two consecutive meals once a month or whenever we see a need. We start with a prayer, usually have a purpose, and end with a prayer. We believe in our time of fast we can receive special blessings and have a spiritual renewal. 


I have always had a hard time fasting. I get light headed, uncomfortable, and just want to give in to the temptation of eating food. Lately I have been waiting until I feel the dizzy feeling and drink a little bit of water to help postpone my fast. I know this might seem like cheating to some, but I believe to each his own and in order for me to fast for the 2 meal time period this is how I roll. It helps so much!


I have been doing a lot of research on fasting and how it is like a reset for your body. When you give your body a break from digesting food the busy body cells can go to work on repairing other parts of your body & spirit. It is also a great thing to do to detox from eating junk. If you break your fast with a healthy juice or a smoothie it is gentle to the body and starts you back on the right path to health. 


Place in through the juicer:

Carrots

Apples

Ginger

Oranges


Enjoy!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment