Friday, January 22, 2016

Healthy Homemade Chai Granola


I actually saw this recipe on Youtube the other day. So, I can't claim this as my own. It is super simple, crunchy, and naturally sweetened. So, if you want it to be even sweeter...you could add some honey or maple syrup. 

Granola:
In a blender add:
2 spotted bananas
10 pitted dates (I think she put 6)
A dash of Sea salt
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ginger
1/2 tsp. Cloves (I think she added 2 cloves)
Blend well and use the wand. (I used my Vitamix Blender for this).

In a bowl add:
4-5 C. Rolled Oats
1 C. Shredded Unsweetened Coconut 
Stir together.

Add banana mixture. 
Stir until all the oats are well coated.

Bake in the oven on a parchment or silpat mat lined cookie sheet. Make sure it is all spread evenly out. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Cool for 20 minutes.

Enjoy in a parfait, or with almond milk.

This is so good!

My Parfait:
Plain Yogurt & Maple Syrup mixed
Frozen Cherry Berry Mix 
Granola

Recipe for Granola by:
Christine Kobzeff


Becky



No comments:

Post a Comment