Saturday, January 16, 2016

Zucchini Crusted Pizza


I like to try different crust ideas when it comes to Pizza. I love pizza, but sometimes I don't feel the best after eating so much bread. I had some zucchini and I saw this idea in one of my Gluten Free Magazines (Gluten Free Recipes). So, I tweaked it and made it my own.

In a bowl add:
2 C. grated zucchini (set in a colander for 10 minutes and dob with napkins, optional)
2 eggs (we used farm fresh eggs)
1 1/2 C. shredded cheese
2/3 C. flour (you can use gluten free flour such as brown rice flour, but I used Whole Wheat)
1/2 C. cornmeal
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. Diced Garlic
Stir well. Sprinkle the parchment or Silpat lined pizza pan with cornmeal. 
Press into a circular shape. 
Drizzle with Olive oil.
Bake at 400 for 25 minutes

Take out of the oven & top with desired toppings
I used:
Tomato sauce, cheese, Red onions, tomatoes, & spinach

Enjoy!

P.S. I suggest making 2 of these. For my family of 7, it just wasn't enough. 

Becky 

No comments:

Post a Comment