Thursday, January 21, 2016

Peppermint Patties



Oh my heck! I love these!! One of my favorite candies are Junior Mints or York Peppermint Patties. I just had to make a healthy version. I am giving myself a pat on the back right now. Haha. I looked all over online to find a recipe that I loved for Healthy Peppermint Patties. But, the closest one I found was made with Cashews. Since I am almost out of cashews, I decided to use Coconut as the base and other goodness to complete this masterpiece.

It has been fun to see the smiles on my kids' faces as they try this recipe for the first time. 

Filling:
In a high speed blender (I used my Vitamix) add:
1 1/2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
1 1/2 C. unsweetened shredded Coconut
2 Tbsp. Almond Milk
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 C. Maple Syrup
5 drops Peppermint Essential Oils

Blend well with the wand for at least 3 minutes.

Press into a cupcake lined mini cupcake tin (a Tablespoon in each). Makes 24.

Place int the freezer for 1 hour. While they are freezing make Chocolate.

Chocolate:
In a bowl add:
3 Tbsp. Cacao Powder
3 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
Melt in the microwave for 15-20 seconds
Then add:
3 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil

Take the filling out of the freezer and out of the cupcake tin. Dip in chocolate with a fork and place either back into cupcake holders or on a parchment lined or silpat lined tray. (To make them more uniform you probably could place them on a cooling rack, then back in the freezer). Freeze for 30 minutes.


Enjoy!

Store in a container in the fridge. These will probably last up to a wee, if they aren't all eaten by then. :) I know in our house, they are almost gone. 

Recipe by:
Me

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment