Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Baked Chocolate Fudgy Pudding


So, this was just a happy accident. I meant to make Chocolatecoveredkatie's Healthy Chocolate Fudge Zucchini brownies. I thought instead of the applesauce I would just use an apple and my coconut flour went bad, so I just used coconut. I made it all in my vitamix and this is what I came up with. Yummy!

Pudding:
In a Vitamix add:
1 small zucchini (with the ends cut off)
1 small apple, cut in 4, stem removed
1/2 C. water
1 C. coconut flakes
2 tsp. pure Vanilla Extract
3 Tbsp. Ground Flax Seed
1/2 C. Cacao Powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 C. Maple Syrup
Blend well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Stir. 
Pour in a Parchment lined 9X13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Scoop out and top with frosting & whipped "cream".
I wonder if I were to omit the water and add honey instead of maple syrup, it might turn more into a brownie consistency. 
Store in the fridge and it turns into healthy fudge. 

Frosting:
2 Tbsp. Cacao Powder
2 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup or Honey
1/4 C. Coconut Oil
1/4 C. Almond Butter
Stir well with a spoon. Warm in the microwave or on the stove.

Whipped "Cream":
Place a can of Coconut Milk in the fridge for 4 hours or a freezer for 1. Open it, scrape the cream off the top. Beat it with beaters. Add 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract, and 1 Tbsp. Coconut sugar, maple syrup, or honey.

Enjoy!

Recipe by:
Me

Becky




No comments:

Post a Comment