Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Green Machine Juice


I have juiced in the past, but hated how much pulp/fiber it wasted. So, I gave my juicer away. Since that time (years ago), I have been learning more about the benefits of juicing. We have decided to do more juicing a few times a week, along with still consuming our smoothies. :) 

Ingredients:
Apple
Cucumber
Pear
Spinach

Juice makes us feel so good. It is giving our bodies direct nutrients and no funny business. I have learned through my research....that it is better to especially juice your veggies, and add a little bit of fruit. Fruit juice can spike your blood sugar, so treat it with care. I like to add a little bit of water (like 1/8 of the portion) with my fruit juices. I assume it makes it more gentle on my insulin. 

Becky

P.S. We are starting to compost the pulp from our juices and I even used my carrot pulp in one of my recipes today! :) Carrot Cake Bliss Balls



No comments:

Post a Comment