Friday, February 12, 2016

Non-Toxic Toothpaste


The other day I tried a toothpaste made from Coconut oil, Baking Soda, & peppermint essential oils. It tasted pretty bad. Then I found this one. The same recipe, but with Xylitol (a natural sweetener that is said to be good for your teeth & oral health)

Recipe:

1/4 C. Coconut Oil
1/2 C. Baking Soda
1/2 C. Xylitol (I bought mine @vitacost)
10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil or 2 tsp. Peppermint extract

This recipe is by @farmishmomma

If you are still using a manual toothbrush I would highly recommend you get a Spin brush. They are affordable and cut back on dental bills. Life changing. I promise! These types of toothbrushes keep our mouths way cleaner than they were before.... and don't forget to floss. :-) I will be using this toothpaste once a day. I still like my Colgate Total :-)


Enjoy!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment