Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Happy Pi Day!! Raw Orange Creamsicle Pie/Cheese Cake


I like to use a spring release Pie Dish for my raw Pies.

In a food processor add:
1 C. Nuts (I like to use Pecans or Walnuts, but I was almost out so I just used a few walnuts & some unsalted mixed nut variety)
1.5 C. Soaked & Pitted Dates (I used half raisins, half dates because I was almost out of dates)
Evidently I need to go shopping. ;)
Blend well. Press into a pie dish.

Cream Filling:
In a blender (I used my Vitamix) add:
2 C. Soaked Cashews
3 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
1/3 C. Pure Maple Syrup
1 Ripe Banana
1/2 C. Coconut Cream (I just used the cream on the top of a can of coconut milk)
1 tsp. Organic Orange Flavor (You can also use Orange Essential oil, just use about 3-5 drops)
1/4 tsp. Real Salt
3 Tbsp. Fresh squeezed Orange Juice
1 Tbsp. Orange Zest
Blend until smooth. Pour on top of crust. Sprinkle with more Orange Zest. Freeze for 2 hours. Enjoy! This is so rich and creamy. You will love it!

Store in the fridge.

Recipe By: Me (Becky)


No comments:

Post a Comment